Monday, February 28, 2011

Process Narrative

The design behind the structure was simple. I wanted something that was going to be sturdy enough to hold the cement block. I began folding the different types of newspapers, I folded a good portion of the newspapers like a paper football and then attached 4 of the "paper footballs" together to give it some height. I then realized that they give it a small cushion. The simulated shocks like on a bicycle. It gave the piece movement but didn't falter under the weight. I then decided that I needed to find a new way of folding. So I started to roll the newspaper. I used about 4-6 newspapers for each roll. I glued them together and when i finished rolling them I then used 1 small piece of newspaper to hold it together. It only ended up being about 2 inches tall, but it held up the cement block just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment